TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENDYMION HOUSE, MILLBECK, UNDERSKIDDAW
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
1. The number of people occupying the property is limited to that stated on website, unless by prior consent with the owner.
2. A contract shall only arise on payment of a deposit and when your booking is confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
3. You must pay the set deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable eight (8) weeks before the start of the let. If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking, having first checked that the property is available during that period. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (54 days prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. We will endeavour to contact you remind you that payment is due, however if we cannot make contact it is still your responsibility to pay the Owner within the time limits stipulated.
4. A damage/good housekeeping deposit of £400 shall be paid prior to arrival, this will be refunded within 7 days of departure (once the house has been checked) subject to any damage charges or extra cleaning charges.
5. Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained. If cancellation is made within eight weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid will be retained. In this case if we manage to re let the property will refund 50% of the full booking payment.
6. Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Ownerâ€™s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
7. No Smoking anywhere inside the house.
8. Two well behaved dogs per rental are welcome at the property (we charge a housekeeping fee of £25 per booking with dogs) but we reserve the right to ask guests with aggressive/badly behaved dogs to leave the property. Please make sure any dog fouling is cleared up we reserve the right to charge a clean up charge if the grounds of the property are left fouled. Dogs are not allowed on furniture, upstairs or to be left alone in the property. The security of the dog is its owner’s responsibility we do not accept any responsibility for any escaped dog or dog injured on our property.
9. You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests' risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
10. You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Ownerâ€™s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the neighbouring houses may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
11. Age restriction we only accept bookings from adults (over 18 years old).
12. You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak or maintenance issue.
13. You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
14. You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
15. Guest arrival time is from 4pm onwards.
16. The property is fitted with hard wired, linked smoke detectors and the stoves have CO2 detectors fitted nearby. When using either of the woodburning stoves, it is mandatory that the door is kept closed.
17. The owner cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where they are prevented from carrying out any obligation to you under these Terms due to events beyond their control including the destruction and damage of the Holiday Property through fire, flood, explosion, storm or weather damage, adverse weather conditions, neighbouring building works, noise disturbance, burglary, criminal damage, riot, industrial action, natural disaster, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, non-availability of public transport, destruction/interruption of utility services, epidemic, infestation by pests and/or similar situations beyond the control of the Owner, either before the Commencement Date or during the Holiday Period.